• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File/folder attributes

Hi

I am using bc3 on linux 3.2.4 version

I want to do 2 things

1. Ignore file/folder attributes(r/w/x permissions) differences. How to do that ?? any filter to be written ?

2. How to copy file/folder attributes (r/w/x permissions) from one side to other side ?

Thanks
    Puneet

Hello,

BC3 normally does not mark files as different if they have different attributes. Could you go into more detail on the behavior you are currently seeing? A specific example may help.

BC3 cannot copy attributes from one side to the other. We can manually set them by right-clicking a selection, and using the Attributes dialog.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

File/folder attributes

Hello Aron

I am simply trying to compare attributes (rwx permissions) in 2 folders and sub folders/files and if there is some difference, set those correct.

Any help in this ?

Comment

Hi Aaron

Help Guide says in Session > Session Settings > Comparison

---------
        In Compare file attributes

Archive compares files' archive attribute. Since merely copying a file can change its archive attribute, you should normally disable this option.

System compares files' system attribute.

Hidden compares files' hidden attribute.

Read-only compares files' read-only attribute.
        ----------------
        but this option is not there in the version i have and it is supposed to be the latest one. If there is some other experimental version can you send me that on g dot puneet at gmail dot com

Thanks
        Puneet

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. Our Help file is the same between both versions of BC3 for Windows and Linux, but some features are not available. We'll need to do some editing.

The Linux version of BC3 supports settings "Attributes" using the traditional CHMOD controls but does not support comparing them. The Help file refers to "DOS Attribute comparison", which is not available on Linux. These are the literal Windows attributes Read-Only, Archive, System, and Hidden (which are enabled or disabled) on a Windows file system.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X