External Conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Conversion

I'm using an external program to convert data format files before comparing them. Sometimes though Beyond Compare does not execute this program and it just hangs. Other times it will execute the program for the left or right side and then hang. I've enabled logging in my external conversion tool and can verify when it gets executed.

This problem cannot be predictably reproduced, but if I run beyond compare on the same 2 files over and over it will eventually happen.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any sort of logging in BC that I can enable to get a better idea of what is happening?

Version: 3.2.4 Build 13298
    Platform: Linux

Hello,

You mention that you enabled logging for your external program. Does the log indicate that it is launched or that it has finished? Is it possible that it is the external conversion that is called and then hangs?

What type of conversion is run, and what type of files are you converting?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

The program itself is a python script which is formatting and converting database table dumps to CSV format.

The log files for the external program indicate that it is NOT getting launched. There are also no python processes running which seems to support this.

Comment

Hello,

Is the logging at the extreme beginning and end of your python script? A simple print statement could work. Script would execute on one file and then the other. It would be good to know if the script on the left is executed by never fully finishing or if either is never starting.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X