Portable Download

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Download

Hi -- a search on this topic doesn't yield much. Where do I go to download the Windows 7 portable version? Doesn't seem to be on the download pages, but I see there have been recent discussions of it. Thanks.

The standard install has a "Create portable install" option.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

To give a bit more detail, you use the standard installer available here:
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php

Partway through the install wizard you can choose to install a normal install, or a Portable install, and select where you wish to install it to.

A portable install can be installed to your Desktop and moved to a usb device later (since all necessary files are in that single directory).
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

No Admin rights to run .exe installer

Hello,

I cant execute installer because I have no admin rights.

Would you please provide a URL to download a Portable Zip Version?

Many thanks

Comment

Hello,

Which error are you encountering? If you run the setup.exe and select to install Only As Current User (and not Install for All Users), does this work for you as a standard user?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            Hello,

Which error are you encountering? If you run the setup.exe and select to install Only As Current User (and not Install for All Users), does this work for you as a standard user?
            Thank you @Aaron.

In my Windows 10 work laptop, I cannot execute regular installers. It's because internal security policies.

However, when I run the installer I don't have much options. I tried running with my personal user but it's still asking for admin user.

I found some portable.zip versions on Internet, but they are detected as malware by my Internet Browser.

Comment

Hello,

It has an error on the initial double click? Could we get more information on exactly what the error is, since we try to design the installer to allow a Portable Install in restricted, standard user environments. You could post here or email us at support@scootersoftware.com (along with a link back to this forum thread).

We can consider a hosted Portable Install, but if you cannot run the standard Installer then you could run into other problems like updating wouldn't work. With a bit of troubleshooting, we may be able to get the installer working.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hello Aaron

Sorry for the late answer.

I finally could install beyond compare.

I had to <shift> double click, and enter my personal user password.
                Then I created a portable installation.

Many thanks
                Last edited by andresoviedo; 18-Jan-2019, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X