• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcdewul
    Old Hand
    • Sep 2010

Session no longer exists on disk

What does this imply ?

Got a warning pop-up telling "Session no longer exists on disk".

Session? What session?

TIA
    =
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Most windows and comparisons you work with in BC are "sessions." A session contains all of the current comparison settings such as the loaded items (folders or files) and the type of filters or comparison criteria set.

This can be saved as a Session (like a bookmark) for later use, or you can start from scratch each time.

I'm not sure why you would hit that error message. The Sessions are store with your other BC Settings .xml files. Were you using a Portable Install of BC3, and pulled the usb stick out while the program was still running?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Lutz
      Veteran
      • Oct 2007

I ran in this error if I opened a saved (not auto-saved) session and then deleted or moved it to another location on the Home tab.

Greetings Lutz

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello Lutz,

So you are opening the session, then going to session management and moving it, and then when you return to the session you are hitting the error, correct?

We save and store sessions based on their location and name. If you move the session while it is open, then that window is no longer pointing to the correct session location. BC3 also supports /solo and separate instances interacting with the same settings, so we cannot always 'detect' a move like this. I'll make a wishlist entry to help improve this.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Lutz
          Veteran
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Aaron
          So you are opening the session, then going to session management and moving it, and then when you return to the session you are hitting the error, correct?
          Yes.
          Originally posted by Aaron
          We save and store sessions based on their location and name. If you move the session while it is open, then that window is no longer pointing to the correct session location. BC3 also supports /solo and separate instances interacting with the same settings, so we cannot always 'detect' a move like this. I'll make a wishlist entry to help improve this.
          I never expected detecting moved sessions but its nice to have.

Greetings Lutz

Comment

Working...