X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeremyrfoster
    Visitor
    • Oct 2010

Feature Request: Win7 Progress Bar

Often times I will use Beyond Compare to copy dev files up to the server. It's a process I do about a million times a day. I wait for the files to be copied to the server and then I hit refresh in the browser to see the affect of my latest changes.

Currently I have to stay in Beyond Compare until the copy is done and then I can switch to my browser to hit refresh. I wish that I could switch immediately to my browser and then watch the progress of BC's file copy in the Windows 7 task bar icon. I know that it's possible to have many file copy operations going on at once in BC, so I suppose the overall progress would be the task that has the furthest to go.

Thanks!
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Jeremy,

BC displays percentage complete in the Window title, which works for other versions of Windows. I'll add task bar progress bars for Windows 7 to our wish list for a future version of BC. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• chrroe
      Pooh-Bah
      • Oct 2007

Hi Jeremy,

There is a checkbox in the "Tools -> Options... -> Folder Views -> Confirmations" dialog called Beep after long file operations.

I have not yet tried myself, but maybe this helps in your workflow?

Bye
      Christoph

Comment

Working...