Incremental Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incremental Search

I love Beyond Compare because it allows managing my software branching and merging much easier than other tools I have tried.

However one feature that I would really appreciate being added to Beyond Compare is Incremental Search.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incremental_search

I beleive something similar can be acheived using F3 (Find Next) but nothing beats a true modeless incremental search feature for speed.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add this to our Customer Wishlist. Please note, our wishlist is not scheduled development, but a place our developers go to for ideas for future enhancements and features.

In the meantime, we do have a modeless dialog. It does not automatically search as you type, but you can type and then search repeatedly with it. It also has a variety of controls to help limit the area you are searching (pane, wrap, etc).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

The option to "Highlight all matches" when using incremental search would also be something that would aid me when reading source code changes.

Thanks again,
      MajorMerger

Comment

I made this same request over a year ago in this thread.

It was also discussed in April 2009 in this thread.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Thanks for digging those threads up, Michael. This had accidentally split into two wishlist items (one focused on highlighting, one on incremental search). Thanks to the thread numbers I was able to search and join them all into one large entry.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

You're welcome. I'm glad it helped.
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761
            ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Working...
            X