X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarrenD
    Journeyman
    • Jan 2010

MTP support

My phone can do MSC mode and also MTP mode.

In MSC mode the phone shuts down, reboots and presents the memory stick as a drive letter in Windows. This allows me to use Beyond Compare to sync music and other stuff to my phone but it takes a while for the phone to get into this mode and then I can't use the phone as a phone.

In MTP mode the phone enters the mode within a second, Windows 7 detects it as a "Portable Device" but without a drive letter and I can also use it as a phone. As it doesn't have a drive letter I can't use Beyond Compare to sync stuff to the phone.

Does Scooter Software have plans to add MTP support to BC3? I know it does FTP which does not use a drive letter.

Thanks
    Darren
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks, Darren. It is on our Customer Wishlist to support MTP, but we can currently only browse to a drive letter, ftp, or network share (\\computer\folder) at this time. Normally I would suggest searching for a 3rd party solution to mount your phone as a drive letter, or access it as an FTP server, but your phone can also reboot to gain a drive letter.
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...zz=kb_pocketpc

I must point out that your phone's rebootable feature (into MTP or MSC) seems like a very nice feature. Cool Phone.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• DarrenD
      Journeyman
      • Jan 2010

I know my phone can reboot into MSC but it takes a while (OK about a minute) but that is a lot longer than into MTP (at which point I can also still use my phone).

The other alternative approach I sometimes use is to take the memory stick out and plug it into a memory stick USB card reader and get a drive letter that way. Also this way the writing speed is about 8x faster than via the phone. However, it is a bit fiddly getting the memory stick out.

Glad to see it is on your feature list.

Comment

Working...