Beyond & WebDav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

The extension itself is not "portable," but it could be used with either install type of BC3. Did you get a chance to evaluate either of Chris' suggestions?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hello Aaron,

first a note about the forum software: It hides your posting unless one scrolls the thread window and clicks "More replies below current depth...".

Regarding Chris' suggestions: I'm looking for a solution where I don't need to *install* more Software like BitKinex, NetDrive or Link Shell Extension needing admin rights.

Oliver

Comment

Hello,

Our forum uses vBulletin, which has a few different, configurable view modes. I use the Display mode -> Linear view (upper right corner of the thread).

Adding support for additional remote connections is something on our wishlist, but the only workaround at this time is to use another program to bind it to a driver letter or access through one of our already supported remote connections.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          I haven't tried them myself, but here are two other WebDAV products you might try:

BitKinex WebDav (freeware): http://www.bitkinex.com/webdavclient

NetDrive (free for home users, $29 for business): http://www.netdrive.net/
          Chris,

I tried both Bitkinex and NetDrive.

BitKinex is not usable with BC. It only allows access to WEBDAV servers within its own client. It claims "explorer integration" but that apparently doesn't work. There are several questions about explorer integration on their forums that have never been answered.

NetDrive does appear to work. it adds "NetDrive @ YourWebDav (D to the my computer tree in Explorer.

aasheim68, the idea of using hard links for WebDav access is intriguing, but I don't understand how the software you recommend could be used. The problem is how do you have the WebDav drive available to link to if you haven't used NetDrive or similar. And if you have used NetDrive , then BC can see it so why do you need a link?

Comment

Originally posted by timg11 View Post
            NetDrive does appear to work. it adds "NetDrive @ YourWebDav (D to the my computer tree in Explorer.
            Doesn't run here (in a Virtualbox VM), told me that it couldn't be initialized.

Oliver

Comment

Working...
            X