Deleting Path History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting Path History

In sessions there is the Left Folder and Right Folder. Previous paths are saved in the drop down list. Is there an option to delete these saved paths from the history, turn them off, etc. I have a number of paths I used as tests that I no longer want to use. I basically have a long list of paths no longer required and would like to delete them.

Thanks.

Shawn

It isn't possible to clear the MRU lists from within Beyond Compare.

You can manually edit Beyond Compare's settings to remove entries from the MRU lists. Open the file "%appdata%\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 3\BCState.xml" and delete MRU values between <LeftMRUSpecs> </LeftMRUSpecs> and <RightMRUSpecs> </RightMRUSpecs>. You'll want to make a backup of the XML file before editing it just in case you accidentally corrupt it.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

There is an option in the Tweaks dialog (Ctrl+Shift+T) to limit the MRU list, and it can be decreased to 0, but it affects every MRU list in the program.
      ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you all for your help

Comment

Originally posted by ZoŽ View Post
          There is an option in the Tweaks dialog (Ctrl+Shift+T) to limit the MRU list, and it can be decreased to 0, but it affects every MRU list in the program.
          You can only set that down to 1 using the tweaks dialog.
          Perhaps manually setting it to 0 by editing the ini file would be better?

Note that setting it to 1 does not actually delete the MRU list entries. (path history, etc)
          If you set it to 1, then later put it back up to 9, the MRU entries are still there.
          So this option is just controlling how many to show.

It seems the MRU entries are all saved in the BCState.xml file in the win profile.
          C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 3\BCState.xml

Is there any reason NOT to delete that file if/when we want to clear MRUs?

Of course the best answer would be for you all to add a feature to give us a button to let us use the program to clear MRUs.
          (preferably with options for which MRU(s) to clear per the original post in this thread)

So, is there any chance you could add some MRU clear features?

You'd said in another thread that this was on your todo list a few years back... any reason it hasn't been done yet?

thanks,
          jeff

(fwiw, I'm using BC 3.3.8 on win7 at the moment)

Comment

Hello,

Thanks. Improving and adding clearing of the MRU is on our wishlist. You'll need to set the Tweak to 1, then clear out the State.xml to prevent storing more than 1 item. Also, all 3.x updates are free for 3.x users, so you can update to the latest 3.3.13 for free.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X