Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost toolbars in File Viewer

Hi all,

I seem to have lost my toolbars in the file viewer in BC 2.4.3. In the folder view, I double-click a file and the file viewer opens. However, the only bars at the top are the blue Windows toolbar and the bar showing current file path, open, save, and file mod time. The "Next difference" etc arrows are gone. In fact, that whole row is missing. (It's not blank, it's just not there at all.) I don't see any option anywhere to restore it, nor do I see a handlebar that I can use to expose that row. I also can't seem to be able to grab anything and pull it up or down to expose that row. How do I get it back?

thanks

My bad. It turns out that the bars had been detached and moved to the far corner of my other monitor.

thanks

Comment

Hello,

If you can still right click anywhere in the toolbar, you can re-enable or disable toolbars by checking or unchecking their specific names.

If you need to fully reset their positions, you can edit your registry (please back up your registry before any edits!). First, close all instances of Beyond Compare 2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare\FileViewer\Toolbars, and delete the Toolbars folder. Restarting BC2 should then be set back to defaults.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi John... I also noticed that you are not running the latest build of BC2. You can get build 2.5.3 here: http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=dl2_en
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Working...
        X