X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanSwitzer2
    Journeyman
    • Aug 2008

FEATURE REQUEST: Event triggering

I'd love to be able to configure some actions to take place when certain events occur (such as a sync/copy being completed, or when folder comparison is finished.)

I often need to trigger a web request after updating my web server, so it would be great if I could get BC to ping the server for me (so that's cached is purged.) Just the ability to fire off a batch file would be tremendously helpful.

Another issue I have, is I have a couple of remote directories that can take 30+ minutes to complete a folder comparison (due to the slow connection and total number of files/folders.) It would be great to be able to fire off an e-mail to my phone when it's done (since I do syncing from a remote server.)

Anyway, I can see several ways being able to perform an action when BC is done with a given task would be useful to me.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion. Sending emails from BC is already on our wish list.

For our current version, the best way to handle this is to automate your sync with a BC script, then put the call to the script in a batch file followed by a command line application to send an email or trigger the web request.

If you're not familiar with scripting Beyond Compare 3, see the "Using Beyond Compare > Automating With Scripts" topic in the help file.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...