How about a purge option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a purge option?

Suppose you synchronize files and folders from two different locations. Once it's done, wouldn't it be nice to "purge" the folder or files that had been synchronized to the newer directory?

Hello Dorothy,

So instead of copying, you would like to Move the files during a sync procedure? We do not support that in the current release. You can use the Display filters to show only Newer, Different, and Orphan files, and then use the Move command on them directly.

What workflow are you following where you would like to delete files after synching them over to a new location? Is this a backup of a computer or something else?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello Dorothy,

So instead of copying, you would like to Move the files during a sync procedure? We do not support that in the current release. You can use the Display filters to show only Newer, Different, and Orphan files, and then use the Move command on them directly.

What workflow are you following where you would like to delete files after synching them over to a new location? Is this a backup of a computer or something else?
      I can't wait til you offer that option in the next version. Well, to answer your question...it's just whenever I have too many USB drives I need to sync I'd love the ability to "move" files onto other directories to cross out the flash drives I have to save space.

But I'll look into the suggestion you offered and see if this helps. Thanks.

Comment

This option probably won't be in the next version. We are working on a specific set of features for it already.

It sounds like you may not even need the option. If you set the display filters to "Show Left Newer and Left Orphans" or use the toggles to show Left Newer, Different, and Left Orphans. Then Select All and Move to Right. You should notice that the Move dialog prompts to include filtered out items. Do *not* include the filtered out items and it should act as you have requested.

Let us know how that works for you.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X