Where's BC2 "pick rules" functionality in BC3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xtraeme
    Enthusiast
    • May 2008

Where's BC2 "pick rules" functionality in BC3?

One of the things I liked about BC2 was that I could click "pick rules" and apply a filter to any given file regardless of extension. Exploring BC3 it looks as though this is no longer the case. This is problematic, because often I want to diff logfiles where there's no set extension (.log, .out, .txt, .result, [no extension], etc).

If I were just doing normal text diffs this wouldn't be a problem, but most of my logs have time stamps. I don't want time stamps to count as important text. So in BC2 I added several regular expressions:

^\d{1,2}:\d{1,2}:\d{1,2}:\s+
    \d{1,2}:\d{1,2}:\d{1,2}
    \d{1,2}%3a\d{1,2}%3a\d{1,2}
    \d{1,2}:\d{1,2}:\d{1,2}\s+[AP]M

And - bam - fixed! How do I do this in BC3?
  • Michael Kujawa
    Enthusiast
    • Oct 2007

First, you need to create a file type that uses the filters you want. Call them "Xtraeme log files" or something. (Tools->File Formats) Then you can edit the Grammar to define the unimportant bits.

Click on the little down-pointing triangle next to the referee on the toolbar, and you will get a menu where you can choose the file type to use.

You can also choose the format through the main menu: select "Session Settings" from the "Session" menu, then go to the "Format" tab.
    Last edited by Michael Kujawa; 07-May-2008, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Xtraeme
      Enthusiast
      • May 2008

Thanks for the reply Michael!

Comment

Working...