Overwrite text on status line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwrite text on status line

Since upgrading my development system to Windows 7 64-bit I notice that BC3 is one of a handful of programs which overwrite text on a status line. Maximizing the window and various other operations clear the field, but clicking from one file to another does not. The problem occurs with today's BC3 download also.

I am using NVidia Windows 7 screen drivers. I set 'medium size' screen fonts. The problem does not affect my own Delphi apps. Does anyone else see something like the attached screenshot?

Text on status bar isn't cleared before being written to in many cases

Yes, I've been witnessing this ever since converting to Vista. I just logged in to post the problem and noticed your posting.

Comment

Just you and me then. And nothing I can find on (any variants of) this topic via Google.

Comment

Thanks for reporting the status bar text issue. We've had a few users report this on Windows Vista and Windows 7. We haven't been able to find a solution yet but we will continue to investigate it.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Excellent! In the other program where I saw it once or twice (Mailwasher Pro) I cannot now make the effect re-appear. In BC3, you can always clear the overwriting temporarily by adjusting the width of the main window, so whatever happens in the resize handler is different from a normal paint operation.

Comment

Working...
          X