Forum notification failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum notification failure

Anyone else finding "Reply to thread" notficiation emails going missing?

Since Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:04:07 -0500 (CDT) I've received none of those expected.

It looks like this forum is not setup to do that by default. On other BB based forums, any thread you reply to is automaticaly added to your list subscribed threads, and by default you get instant notification anytime anyone posts to one of those threads.

In this forum, both those features are turned off. I don't know if there is a way for a user to turn it back on.

I have also noticed that when I post to a thread, that thread does not always move to the top of the new posts list.

Comment

> It looks like this forum is not setup to do that by default.

Regardless, I have got failures on a thread that I started and that previously did notify. Even though the thread was still offering "Unsubscribe from this Thread", so presumably was subscribed to.

Comment

I always receive email notifications for replies to my posts.

I have this setting for my account:

My Settings >> Edit Options >> Messaging & Notification >> Default Thread Subscription Mode >> Instant email notification

When I make a post, that setting can be overridden for that post under Additional Options >> Thread Subscription.

Comment

Working...
        X