Corrupt Session File. Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupt Session File. Help Needed

As I was using BC3 to compare a folder on a local drive to a folder on an external drive, something happened with the external drive which made the BC3 hang or maybe it was the computer that hung. Either way I had to kill the power and reboot the machine.

Once the machine was back up and running IO launched BC3 again. A message popped up saying that my session file had become corrupt and it asked if I would like to continue with launch. I said no, found the session file in app data and noticed that it had a file size of 103kb but when I opened it in notepad it was empty. Ugh...

So I copied the files from app data to my desktop as a backup. I also copied the files in the BC3 program folder. I then launched BC3 again, got the error, said continue, received another error saying that my state file was corrupt. I clicked continue, then the initial install/config screen popped up, like this was the first time I ran the program. I went through the config wizard and it launched fine except that all of my saved sessions are gone.

Is there any possible way to get those sessions back? I had so many of them that I had created over a couple years for dealing with client projects and what not. I love this program, I swear by it. This is the first problem I have had with it during the 4-5 years that I have been using it. Is there anything I can do?

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

Which OS and version are you running?

Do you happen to have a backup of your App Data Folder from the past few months (or longer)?

An automated backup of Settings is on our wishlist; you can manually back them up with the Tools menu -> Export.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks for the response Aaron.

I am using Windows XP SP2

BC3 ver. 3.0.10.9357

I do not have a backup unless system restore caught it. I'll have to check that.

Comment

Please give that a try, and if you are able to restore, perform a manual backup with Tools -> Export.

The newest version of BC3 is 3.1.4 currently. You can update to if after you've restored your settings.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X