X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DorothyFan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Bulgrien View Post
    FYI - Craig put his list together for a user that wanted a list of features not found in "free" competitors to build a business case for a Beyond Compare purchase.
    Sorry about that. I forgot that part. My bad.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Bulgrien
    replied
    Originally posted by DorothyFan1 View Post
    Uh...okay. But - against "free" competitors?! That's not exactly a fair comparison.
    FYI - Craig put his list together for a user that wanted a list of features not found in "free" competitors to build a business case for a Beyond Compare purchase.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Right click the tab and select Tear off.
    Dragging is allowed, but only between different BC3 windows (to move tabs around). The tab bar has to be visible to allow for a drag between windows.

This does not create a new instance of BC3 since all tabs and windows are, by default, part of a single BCompare.exe instance.

Leave a comment:

• DorothyFan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig View Post
    I actually just put together a fairly large list here.
    Uh...okay. But - against "free" competitors?! That's not exactly a fair comparison. It's kinda obvious "free" may not offer the features a paid version gives customers. I'm referring to...ta da! Araxis Merge, etc. How about a comparison chart against THOSE guys?

Wait a minute...Wikipedia has one. My bad. Gonna check that out to see if it's been updated.

Edit: Yes! The Wikipedia page has been updated. Looks like you guys have caught up with Araxis Merge.

Do you have drag and dropping tabs out of the main window to start new instances of BC3 like Google Chrome does? If not...I'd like to see this on the wish list.
    Last edited by DorothyFan1; 12-Jun-2009, 06:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ZoŽ
    replied
    I actually just put together a fairly large list here.

Leave a comment:

• DorothyFan1
    replied
    How about this idea...

Why don't you post a chart showing how Beyond Compare is better than the competition especially in terms of featues/price comparison? Would there be any harm doing this?

I say use this opportunity to toot your own horn with Beyond Compare 3.

Leave a comment:

• ZoŽ
    replied
    The wishlist/buglist is internal only. If you have specific features you're wondering about we might be able to give an idea of its relative priority, but we won't give specific versions or timelines anymore.

Leave a comment:

• booleys1012
    started a topic Wish List

Wish List

Not to encroach on any future design decisions or features by asking you guys to spill the beans... but is the wish-list for future features logged somewhere where we can see them (and possible planned implementation dates/versions???), or is that internal only?

Justin
Working...
X