Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    It is possible the issue was a partially installed Windows Update. If you had an update installed but needed a reboot, it may have been that update addressed this issue or itself was causing the issue until it was rebooted. We use Direct X (Windows controlled method) to play the media files, similar to how we use Internet Explorer for the Check for Updates dialog, and the Windows Updates could have been related.

Glad to hear it is working for you now. Let us know if you encounter the issue again, or have any other questions.

Leave a comment:

• jackting
    replied
    Hi Scooter Support:

I've to say Sorry to you, that I can't reproduce this scenario within short time.

When I'm trying to reproduce the scenario and zip the files for you this morning, I found I can't even play the good ID3v23 files with MP3 compare module. Then, my windows reports that I've to reboot my laptop due to some patches installed automatically. So, I reboot it.

But after I reboot my laptop, all the problems gone, I can play both MP3 with ID3v23 and ID3v24 (and also all others files with ID3v24 tags) in MP3 compare module. :O

I'm upset about this, cause I can't tell what the cause(s) of the problem is...
    Maybe it will happen few hours or days or weeks later.

Best reguards.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello Jack,

Would you be able to email us a pair of example files (File A in 2.3 that works; File A in 2.4 that does not)? Or which tags/settings did you change with mp3tag in order to convert it to 2.4?

Leave a comment:

• jackting
    replied
    OK, I found the problem:

I use mp3tag v2.43 (from http://www.mp3tag.de) change some of my mp3 tag from "ID3v2.3 UTF-16" to "ID3v2.4 UTF-8".

I change some of them back to ID3v2.3 then it can be play with mp3 compare module.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Would you be able to email your mp3 file to support@scootersoftware.com and include a link to this forum post?

Which previous version of BC3 was successful in playing the files?

Leave a comment:

• jackting
    started a topic Bugs? with Playing MP3

Bugs? with Playing MP3

Hi there:

I remember MP3 compare of BC3 can also play the files, but today after upgrade to v3.1.3 (bulid 10374), it popup a dialog box saying error unable to play that mp3 file.

What happen?? I'm trying my old version copy BC3, and mega codec to find out the actual problem.
Working...
X