Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for "Home"

Suggestions for "Home":

1. When dragging a session over a folder, I hope the folder will expand itself, so that I can put the session into a sub-folder at once without clicking.

2. Hope a session can be copied to different folders (by Ctrl-dragging).

3. "Open as New Tab" in the context menu of a session.

4. "Open All (as New Tabs)" in the context menu of a folder.

Thanks, B2C. I've added these to our wishlist.

For #2, you can currently use the Save As... button to achieve a similar effect.
    For #4, you could save a Workspace with all of your Sessions already open, then load that Workspace.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Our next release (3.0.12) will include the following changes to the Home page:
      • Dragging a session over a folder will automatically expand the folder.
      • A session folder's right-click menu will include "Open Sessions" which will open each of its sessions in a new view.
      Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you all.

More suggestions:
        1. "Close All Tabs" in Session menu or in the context menu of tab bar.
        2. Option: Load workspace without closing current sessions.

BTW, BC3 won't support saving settings in the registry or in INI files? XML is too verbose and makes BC slow.

Comment

Originally posted by B2C View Post
          1. "Close All Tabs" in Session menu or in the context menu of tab bar.
          "Close All Tabs" would be the same as clicking the red "x" in the window's right corner, correct? FYI, "Close Other Tabs" in the context menu of the tab bar will close all tabs except for the one you clicked on.

BTW, BC3 won't support saving settings in the registry or in INI files?
          Correct, BC3 only saves settings as XML.
          Erik Scooter Software

Comment

XML is too verbose and makes BC slow.
            BC does not have to read the XML settings for every file it copies, moves and/or compares. The overhead of reading XML prior to a compare/merge operation is insignificant compared to the operation itself.
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761
            ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              "Close All Tabs" would be the same as clicking the red "x" in the window's right corner, correct? FYI, "Close Other Tabs" in the context menu of the tab bar will close all tabs except for the one you clicked on.
              "Close All Tabs" would close all the tabs and open the Home view, without exiting BC.
              Yes I know I can achieve this by opening a new tab and then clicking "Close Other Tabs". Just for more convenience if my suggestion is worth implementing.

BTW, a minor issue found today:
              Click a session in the Home view. Then click another. If the latter is of a different kind from the former (e.g. first a text compare, then a folder compare), the two path boxes (in Specs tab on the right side) will "grow long" and cover the Browse buttons.

Comment

Hi!

the two path boxes (in Specs tab on the right side) will "grow long" and cover the Browse buttons.
                Sorry, but I can not reproduce this.
                Can you please post a screenshot of that?

Bye
                Christoph

Comment

Also, which version of BC3 are you running? The Windows version or the Linux version?
                  BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

"Close All Tabs" would close all the tabs and open the Home view, without exiting BC.
                    How about creating a workspace that is just a single window with a Home View tab that you can load when needed? FWIW, I think opening a new Home View in a command called "Close All Tabs" is not intuitive.
                    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

BC 3.0.11.9510
                      WinXP SP2

If you cannot reproduce this, I guess it might be another 120-DPI issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        How about creating a workspace that is just a single window with a Home View tab that you can load when needed? FWIW, I think opening a new Home View in a command called "Close All Tabs" is not intuitive.
                        Thank you. This is a good way.
                        And I found another easy way later. (I was being stupid.) Nothing more than just keep pressing Ctrl+W.

Comment

If you cannot reproduce this, I guess it might be another 120-DPI issue.
                          If someone wanted to reproduce it, it looks like they would have to set all their system fonts to "Courier New". Now that I see the screenshots, I am not surprised that you found a font-realated bug.

Expecting a software vendor to support a fixed width font in all areas of the UI of a windows application seems a little overboard. However, this "bug" should probably be fixed since the button is overlayed instead of the text simply being truncated in the text box...
                          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

This should be fixed in our next release (3.0.12).
                            Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Merging Workspace Sessions

2. Option: Load workspace without closing current sessions.
                              Is there already a plan to implement this?

This should work similar to UltraEdit's open project command:
                              Before loading a saved workspace ask "Close all current sessions? [yes|no] Don't ask again [ ]".
                              Last edited by Lutz; 10-Jun-2009, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X