No announcement yet.

How to delete unwanted display element?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to delete unwanted display element?

See the image:

I inadvertently added a useless display element, so I want to delete it. But there is no "delete" button, nor context menu to let me do that.

Now I'm using BC3.0.6 .

Go to Tools | File Formats and delete New Element from any file format that uses it. Then, the next time you rin BC it should not appear in the Elements list.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Now I got it. In order to see the "New Element" gone, I have to close BC3 first then restart it. Can you avoid the restart in the future?

Another point, what about giving an easy way to know which "file formats" are using a "display element", so that I don't have to dig into every file format to catch it in case I defined some display elements several months ago and now forget where I did it.
      Last edited by chjfth; 21-Sep-2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I concur with this request. I too have noticed that my element names are not cleared from the dropdown until a restart...and would prefer if they were cleaned up from the dropdown immediately.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Thanks for letting us know the specifics. Removing the relaunch does not appear to be a trivial behavior to change. I'll add it as an entry to our Customer Wishlist.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X