Copying Saved Sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying Saved Sessions

I tried to replace (D:\Documents and Settings\AUSR_atlsysuser\Application Data\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 3\BCSessions.xml) on one machine with the same file from another... but when I launch BC3, the saved sessions are not there? Shouldn't this work? I'm not sure what I am doing wrong?
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Michael,

Yes, it should work to copy the BCSessions.xml file to the Application Data folder. Did you copy the file as that user? If you did the copy with another user account, is it possible the user doesn't have read/write permissions for the settings file?
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Yes, I was using the same user account. The entries in the XML files seemed to revert back to how they were before merged them in. Maybe that's the problem... Instead of copying the file in windows explorer, I merged the XML files with BC3. Maybe BC3 overwrote the file when I closed the program. Is that what you'd expect to happen? Does BC3 read in the XML file every time it updates it? Or does BC3 retain the XML in memory and simply write it back out when the program closes?
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Never mind. I'm not sure why I was having so much trouble earlier today. I tried it again, and it worked like a charm.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Working...
        X