Must reboot before next update is allowed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must reboot before next update is allowed

Today is the second time I've gotten the message saying that the previous installation was not completed and that I'll have to restart in order for Setup to continue.

I think 462 did this so it wasn't until much later that I was able to install 463. Apparently 463 did the same because now I can't install GA. I only reboot about once a month.

I'm guessing that the default install/update is setting the option to add context menu items. But they're already there. Usually in the interactive setup this would be unchecked (because it already knows?) or some how the install would skip that part.

Prior to 462, I could install updates and keep on going.

Usually we don't update the shell extension very often, but if we do Windows *requires* us to reboot before those changes will be in effect.

We altered the installer to make this less intrusive. There is merely a warning at the end of the install process indicating that there has been an update to the shell extension, and next time you reboot those changes will be used. If you install the next version of the application before rebooting, however, we'll prompt at that point that a reboot was necessary.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Well, are we done with the shell extension updates for now?

Comment

Since BC3 is now officially released, I expect that functional changes of any kind will be less frequent.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Bulgrien View Post
          Since BC3 is now officially released, I expect that functional changes of any kind will be less frequent.
          You obviously never looked at the 2.1 changelog.

The last updates were just to get the menu icons cleaned up. Now that that's done, I'm not aware of any outstanding issues, functional or otherwise, with the shell extension.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
            You obviously never looked at the 2.1 changelog.
            Actually, I've frequently looked at the BC2 change log. I was not implying that changes would not be implemented by the Scooter team, just that I don't expect them to be delivered as frequently as they were during the beta.

And... since you guys have done such a great job with BC3, there surely won't be a need to patch things up as often as it was in BC 2.1, will there?
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761
            ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Working...
            X