Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B463 bug with remote desktop

Hi all

I have a XP SP4 machine that has BC3 463 and it works fine. However, when I connect to this machine using remote desktop, BC3 refuses to start properly. I can see its name in the process list of task manager, but that is all. BC2 works fine in remote desktop.

Sorry if this issue has been raised before, I searched and couldn't find anything.

Just for the record, I do not see this problem when running BC3 464 on Vista 64 through remote desktop.

Comment

Also for the record, I just installed B3 on an XP/SP2 box via remote desktop from MacOSX using CORD, and it installed and launched fine.

Comment

Well, it's confirmed, the problem is all in your head.

You said it shows up in the task list. Do you mean the one that shows the window captions (Applications)? If so, what does the caption say? Have you ever run BC non-remotely on that system? Have you tried launching it both with command line arguments (eg, two files) and without? Does it show up in the taskbar?
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
          Well, it's confirmed, the problem is all in your head.

You said it shows up in the task list. Do you mean the one that shows the window captions (Applications)? If so, what does the caption say? Have you ever run BC non-remotely on that system? Have you tried launching it both with command line arguments (eg, two files) and without? Does it show up in the taskbar?
          1. It shows up only in the 'Processes' tab, and not in the 'Applications' tab
          2. As I mentioned before, it works fine when it is launched non-remotely
          3. I have tried launching it both with and without command line arguments, same result
          4. It does not show up in the taskbar.

Comment

You said the system you are accessing remotely is running Windows XP. What operating system is on the computer you are running remote desktop from?

Is the remote Windows XP system dual or single monitor?

Are you running with the same user account when you use it locally and when you use it through remote desktop?
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I used a XP machine to connect to the remote machine. The remote machine uses dual monitors. The machine that I use to connect to it has a single monitor. The same user account is used all the time.

Comment

After you connect to your remote system, try renaming the folder "%AppData%\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 3" so BC starts with a clear set of settings and runs through the initial configuration again. Does that help?
                ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

I can't reproduce the problem with the latest build.

Comment

Working...
                  X