Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muhqu
    replied
    btw: I pretty much using BC as an Explorer/Commander just because it DOESN'T allow accidental drag'n'drop and renaming when just clicking a File/Folder...

But if that behavior could be controled via the options or (much better) via the session settings, I'm fine with it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Bulgrien
    replied
    Originally posted by jdmarch View Post
    Agreed.
    I also agree with Kelly. If this request is put on the wish list and implemented (as an enhancement or tweak) I vote that the current functionality remain the default.

Leave a comment:

• penguin22
    replied
    I agree with both sides, so if possibly an option to enable inline rename would be best.

Leave a comment:

• jdmarch
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelly View Post
    On the first part, I would vote against following Windows Explorer's lead on trying to guess when I want to rename a file. I am frequently frustrated by that behavior. If it existed in BC3, I would want an option to disable it. I find F2 to be a very efficient to handle renaming.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly
    replied
    On the first part, I would vote against following Windows Explorer's lead on trying to guess when I want to rename a file. I am frequently frustrated by that behavior. If it existed in BC3, I would want an option to disable it. I find F2 to be a very efficient to handle renaming.

Leave a comment:

• wcmead
    replied
    Originally posted by penguin22 View Post
    It's very helpful to be able to rename in BC3 while working with versioning and manual compare/copies. I've noticed that in BC3 you are required to right click a folder/file and select rename to be able to use the inline rename feature. I understand this need in BC2 where a rename window popped up, but with BC3 having the inline rename it would be a huge time-saver to offer the ability to click in the text and after a short delay open the inline rename. This is how Windows Explorer functions as well as icons on the desktop, etc. If BC3 could also adopt this for enabling the inline rename, it would be a huge improvement.

Additional to this, when renaming multiple files/folders, if you have an open inline rename and want to rename a different file/folder you currently have to hit enter or click out of the current rename before you can right click/rename on a different file/folder. I suggest that the functionality allow you to right click a different file/folder, which will exit the inline rename and offer you options on the newly selected item. To say it another way, the current method requires an additional click to exit the inline rename before you can perform a function on a different item. In Explorer, you can exit an inline rename with a right click on a different item.
    Seems like a Good Thing to consider.

Leave a comment:

• jdmarch
    replied
    penguin, if you are a strong mouse preferrer, this may not be helpful, but FWIW you can rename a file without a right-click: press F2 key, type the new filename, then press Enter.

Leave a comment:

• penguin22
    started a topic Rename File/Folder and functionality

Rename File/Folder and functionality

It's very helpful to be able to rename in BC3 while working with versioning and manual compare/copies. I've noticed that in BC3 you are required to right click a folder/file and select rename to be able to use the inline rename feature. I understand this need in BC2 where a rename window popped up, but with BC3 having the inline rename it would be a huge time-saver to offer the ability to click in the text and after a short delay open the inline rename. This is how Windows Explorer functions as well as icons on the desktop, etc. If BC3 could also adopt this for enabling the inline rename, it would be a huge improvement.

Additional to this, when renaming multiple files/folders, if you have an open inline rename and want to rename a different file/folder you currently have to hit enter or click out of the current rename before you can right click/rename on a different file/folder. I suggest that the functionality allow you to right click a different file/folder, which will exit the inline rename and offer you options on the newly selected item. To say it another way, the current method requires an additional click to exit the inline rename before you can perform a function on a different item. In Explorer, you can exit an inline rename with a right click on a different item.
Working...
X