Where did the Synchronize buttons go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rothlis
    started a topic Where did the Synchronize buttons go?

Where did the Synchronize buttons go?

Hi!

First of all, congratulations to the BC team, BC3 is fantastic, I love everything about it. I *especially* love the background copying, and it seems so much faster! Is it?

I just want to ask though, what happened to the Synchronize buttons? I know the commands are there under the Action menu, but it's buried fairly deeply. I tried customising the toolbar, but the "show command on toolbar" checkbox is greyed out for the "Synchronize" command.

I'm using build 462.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

--John

• wcmead
    replied
    Originally posted by Erik View Post
    "Mirror To Left/Right" and "Update Left/Right" are available to show on the "Actions" toolbar of the Folder Compare.
    BC3 is looking good! Haven't used it for long, but I'm generally impressed with the ways you have changed the interface while keeping it recognizable and familiar.

However, I vote (as strongly as one individual can!) for having the Sync to Left and Sync to Right buttons placed on the Actions Toolbar by default. If space is a problem, there are many buttons that I use only to set a personal default, such as the Always Show Folders option. One or more of these could be removed from the default Toolbar settings.

Thanks for your good work, - Bill

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    The arrows now perform the commands on only the selection. If you would like similar to BC2 behavior, you can launch a Sync session from the current Folder Compare session via the Session menu -> Sync Folders in New View.

This then brings up a new tab, similar to the Preview Window of BC2 when you clicked an arrow. Except now that it is its own session, you can alter the settings and then save it for use later. In BC2, if the Sync preview was not showing what you wanted, you would need to dismiss it and then alter settings (Folder and Tools->Options) and try again.

Leave a comment:

• rothlis
    replied
    Excellent, thanks! I was looking for Synchronize (which was permanently greyed out). Have now added my little green arrows. =)

Leave a comment:

• Erik
    replied
    "Mirror To Left/Right" and "Update Left/Right" are available to show on the "Actions" toolbar of the Folder Compare.

Leave a comment:

• rothlis
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Folder Sync is now a session type in BC3. You can still synchronize selected files and folders using the Actions > Synchronize commands.

To open the current Folder Compare session as a Folder Sync session, select Session > Sync Base Folders In New View from the menu.
    Can I put in a vote to get the buttons added back in? It's cool that there's a dedicated sync session type, but I would still prefer having the full range of functionality at my disposal without having to go out and back in via another session.

Cheers!!

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Folder Sync is now a session type in BC3. You can still synchronize selected files and folders using the Actions > Synchronize commands.

To open the current Folder Compare session as a Folder Sync session, select Session > Sync Base Folders In New View from the menu.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X