Open Session - Session Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Session - Session Tree

I closed the "Auto-saved" and "New" nodes on my opening Sessions tree, then closed Cirrus to make the configuration stick. When I relaunched Cirrus, the New sessions node was still explanded as was the Today node under Auto-saved. Please allow the collapsed state of the sessions tree to be saved. I want a completely collapsed tree when I launch the application.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Cirrus doesn't remember the expanded state of the tree (as you've noticed). Instead it remembers the last session loaded and positions on it on startup, expanding as necessary to show it. I really like the current functionality and don't want to lose it.

We'll note your request in the wishlist. Perhaps when we enhance the saved desktop/workspace feature we'll be able to work it in.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

There are a couple machines that I use for specialized tasks that have a dozen or more saved sessions on it. Those saved sessions are the primary method by which I launch BC on those particular machines. My tasks necesitate that I cycle through many of the different sessions...in other words, I rarely open the same session twice in a row on these machines. I've been using BC2 without a problem for over a year...but now that I started trying Cirrus on these machines, it has been extremely annoying. In BC2 I always had my tidy list of sessions that looked the same every time I launched the product. In Cirrus, I always have these two expanded tree nodes cluttering the tree. I can't emphasize how irksome it is. You once said,
      Originally posted by Tim View Post
      While in general I'm hesitant to add options to Cirrus, I am in favor of having the Home page configurable.
      I don't mind if Cirrus doesn't remember the state of the sessions tree. If you just provide an option to "Never expand the sessions tree" in the Interface options, that would be perfect. The simpler the better...I certainly don't want to have it tied to save or load desktop/workspace since, as I said above, I rarely open the same session twice in a row on these machines.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Here's Why

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        I really like the current functionality and don't want to lose it.
        Take a look at this screen shot, and I think you'll see another reason why I don't like it. On my main machine, I open Cirrus from the context menu most of the time...so my auto-saved session list grows long. When I do want to launch a favorite saved session, they're not even on the screen (you can't even see the bottom of the list of auto-saved sessions in the screen capture below):

http://screencast.com/t/2bEgHvDf

And, no, I did not doctor the picture, nor did I open Cirrus repeatedly for the purpose of making a point with a screen capture. This is really what Cirrus looked like when I launched it today after my normal use of it yesterday. Again, you don't need to get rid of the fuctionality you like so much...just provide a way for me to turn it off. Please... Thanks.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Working...
        X