Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy to Right syncing problem

Comparision of two 'c' source files.

In the file compare window trying to align the right window to the left one, the left yellow arrow "Copy Section To Right"
    doesn't work for me because copy the ENTIRE section and not only the row ... the little Green arrow in the bottom "line comparision" do the work BUT
    the standard Green arrow in the toolbar act in the same way of the left yellow and perform "Copy Section To Right" (is labeled "Copy To Right CTRL+R").

I suggest that the top arrow (Green as the bottom), must work as before, and so copy only the line and not all the section. The left arrow that copy all the section
    works ok, because you can see graphically all the section block.

... and now the requests-reminders:

1 - Is possible to choice again the ancient but nice '1', '2' '<' '>' to choose the file to swow ?
    2 - Grep )

Thanks

Cla.

There is a bug when you are positioned in a details editor that causes the toolbar green arrow to copy the section instead of the current line. This will be fixed in the next release (build 445).

Thanks.
    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Cla View Post
      the standard Green arrow in the toolbar act in the same way of the left yellow and perform "Copy Section To Right".
      I don't understand what you are experiencing. The toolbar arrows work correctly for me. The arrow in the toolbar reflects the type of selection you have in the input panes.

If you have no selection in an input pane, then the arrow in the toolbar will be yellow. A yellow arrow will copy the entire change section that your current line is in. (A yellow arrow will copy only the current line if the current line is not in a change section).

If you select any text in the input pane, the yellow arrow in the toolbar turns green and will copy all lines that contain a portion of you selected text. If you want to select one and only one line, click in the gray column to the left of the line (or on the line number if you have line numbers enabled). This will ensure that the green arrow in the toolbar will move only that line.

If you drag from one line to the next to create your line selection and accidentally include a leading space on the next line, then both lines include a portion of your selected text and thus both lines will be copied when you click the green arrow.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Sync problem ...

Try to do this on an empty line i.e. in the new file there is a deleted line and immediately under there is a difference that has to remain different.

About the changes in the toolbar ... I suggest that the command don't change its behaviour based on the selection, so if I check the difference with CTRL+N I can copy the line without moving my mouse from his position.

Regards

Cla.

Comment

Perhaps Scooter could provide an alternate short-cut that always copies the line only regardless of the type of selection? Shift+Ctrl+R and Shift+Ctrl+L would be my suggestion.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

"Copy Line To Left/Right" with shortcut [Shift+Ctrl+L/R] has been in Cirrus for over a year! By default, it shows in the "Edit" menu.

The initial issue in the thread will be fixed in the next release (build 445):
            Originally posted by Erik View Post
            There is a bug when you are positioned in a details editor that causes the toolbar green arrow to copy the section instead of the current line.
            Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Cla View Post
              1 - Is possible to choice again the ancient but nice '1', '2' '<' '>' to choose the file to show ?
              2 - Grep )
              1. Not yet, but I am still considering the old-style icons.

2. Not likely for 3.0, but probably in some 3.x release.
              Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                "Copy Line To Left/Right" with shortcut [Shift+Ctrl+L/R] has been in Cirrus for over a year!
                There you have it then, Cla. Since Shift+Ctrl+N also works to go to the next change, you have the functionality you want...just make sure you're pressing the Shift together with the Ctrl.
                BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

I went through the "growing pains" using Ctrl-R and Ctrl-Shift-R some time ago. I didn't like the behavior at first, but I quickly got used to it and now I really don't even think about line and section copies. I would give it some time.

Comment

Working...
                  X