X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnm
    Enthusiast
    • Nov 2007

File format export lists every format

I was experimenting with setting up Cirrus to use the HTML Tidy and XML Tidy formats that are available for BC2.

The BC2 definition wouldn't export (fair enough) so I copied the buiolt-in HTMM and XML definitions then added the conversion callout.

When I exported just my two new formats to an XML file I was surprised to see the file listed every format on my system. The selected ones had content, the rest looked like this:

Code:
      <TDataFormat Value="Data Files">
        <Deleted Value="True" />
      </TDataFormat>
      <TDataFormat Value="MS Excel Spreadsheets">
        <Deleted Value="True" />
      </TDataFormat>
    What's the reason for these sections? I might not want to reveal to everyone that I have lots of other formats I'm not giving them.
  • Erik
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Currently, exported FileFormats.xml has the same structure as the regular one. The "extra" items you are seeing are there because they are built-in formats you explicity deleted. The exported file will not contain user defined formats unless you choose to export them.
    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• johnm
      Enthusiast
      • Nov 2007

By "explicitly deleted" I assume you mean the ones I unchecked during the export procedure, right?

John

Comment

• Erik
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Yes, the built-in file formats you uncheck during the export are considered deleted. Also, this applies to built-in file formats you delete in the "File Formats" dialog.
        Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• DEinspanjer
          Enthusiast
          • Nov 2007

Any chance you could share that export file? I just spent a little time trying to get XML Tidy working with Cirrus and I couldn't figure it out.

Comment

Working...