World-wide license upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World-wide license upgrade

From the pricing model, it appears that a world-wide license upgrade to Beyond Compare 3.0 Professional will cost $15,000 (equivalent of 1000 users at $15 per user). Is that correct? If so, the upgrade to BC3 will be six times greater than the cost of the original purchase price of the Beyond Compare world-wide license ($2,500).

The company I work for has not only purchased a world-wide license, but we have numerous development teams around the world that purchased their own license packs. I, for example, manage 20 BC2 licenses even though my company owns a world-wide license.

It will be difficult for the group managing the world-wide license to justify the cost of this upgrade unless they can prove, for certain, that there are at least 1,000 BC2 licenses in use within the company. My question is as follows: Since Scooter Software now considers a world-wide license to equate 1,000 users for upgrade purposes, does that mean that a company with a BC2 world-wide license has the option of purchasing sets of 100-user license packs in stages until, eventually, they have upgraded all 1000 licenses? If so, once they have purchased 1000 upgrades, would that company once again be recognized to have a world-wide license?
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Actually, BC3 world-wide license pricing will be based on 4000 users, at a discount deeper than the 100-user level.

For upgrading purposes, a BC2 world-wide license is equivalent to a 1000-user BC3 standard edition license. (Eg, if someone has bought a BC2 worldwide license recently for $2500, it will have a $9000 value towards version 3. If purchased more than 18 months earlier than the BC3 release, the value is $4500.)

Our general policy is that licenses must be upgraded in their entirety, so you couldn’t upgrade only some of the users covered by your BC2 worldwide license. You definitely can upgrade your locally managed licenses independently of the worldwide license, and you can buy additional BC3 licenses at the regular price. (We’ll likely be more generous with your team’s licensing because of your contributions here.) Later, if your employer decides to consolidate those BC3 licenses into a worldwide BC3 license, we would offer some credit for them.

I would be happy to discuss details further by email.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Are you able to list the cost of a BC3 world-wide license in this thread? Or has the per-user discount at 4,000 users not been set yet?
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

World-wide pricing may vary depending on specific license needs (eg, does it cover offshore subcontractors, affiliated companies, etc). However, the default rate will be based on 4000 users @ $4.50 for the Standard edition, and 4000 @ $7.50 for the Pro edition.
        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Tim. That's all I needed...a ballpark figure.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Working...
          X