X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgillespie
    Enthusiast
    • Dec 2007

Refresh on Save

BC2, when you edit a file, and save it, the comparison is refreshed. This does not seem to happen on BC3, and I can't find an option to change this.

Is this by design? As I preferred the old way, now I have to manually refresh after saving..
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Yes, the new behavior is by design. The editor now allows undo-after-save, and redoing the comparison, whether we reload the files or not, would break that behavior.

The comparison is updated as you make changes though; why do you like the old behavior?
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• mgillespie
      Enthusiast
      • Dec 2007

I just like to see my changes in real-time...

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I don't understand. Are you making such extensive changes that redoing the alignment will produce a better comparison? The intra-line coloring, syntax highlight, comparison state, etc, all update as soon as you make a change, so none of that should be different after a reload.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Craig
          The intra-line coloring, syntax highlight, comparison state, etc, all update as soon as you make a change, so none of that should be different after a reload.
          In other words:
          BC2 had to refresh, because it did not support dynamic recompares.
          BC3 should not have to refresh, becuase the compare state is updated along the way. The added benefit of being able to undo after a save is a great feature when you want to save multiple versions of a file tweaked in several different ways. One can simply Save As, undo the change, make the new change, Save As again, etc.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761
          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...