How to get command line to open multiple tabs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keevan
    Visitor
    • Oct 2015

How to get command line to open multiple tabs?

I want to open multiple tabs of many sets of 2-way compares via command line

I am Calling BComp.exe from command line (via Windows .bat file)

Example command is

BComp.exe file1 file2
    BComp.exe file3 file4

I want the GUI to have 2 tabs open, with the first compare in 1 tab and the second compare in another tab.

However right now, the GUI appears and only displays the results of the first compare. When I close that compare (click X on the GUI), then the second compare executes.

Is there any way to pass a param to force the second compare to execute without waiting for the first one to finish (or get closed)

Or am I going about this the wrong way?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Instead of directly calling BComp.exe, you'll want to use the bat command "start" and use bcompare.exe. And because start uses the first quoted item as the window title, you would add a "" to the beginning:
    Code:
    start "" "bcompare.exe" "file1" "file2"
    start "" "bcompare.exe" "file3" "file4"
    start "" "bcompare.exe" "file5" "file6"
    How does this work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• keevan
      Visitor
      • Oct 2015

Aaron,

Works great!

Thank you.

Comment

• keevan
        Visitor
        • Oct 2015

I noticed that it seems it does not always load the tabs in the same order as the commands I put them in.

E.g. a large compare at the top of the file will be the rightmost tab even though it was the first compare to be executed

Is there a way to put in a delay between these commands? Or force the tabs to be displayed in the same order as the commands to execute the compare?

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

If you are using Windows 7 or above, you can use the Timeout command for batch files. Otherwise, there are other workarounds using the ping command: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...a-batch-script

As multiple commands call out to BC4, we'll then try to open each as we get them, and since this is all happening in parallel the order may not be exactly the same.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...