Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• folder comparison should ignore a word in a file

Let's say I have a folder compare like in the following image:

There is a difference in the text files, that should be ignored. The blablub/blaXXX should not be recognized by the FOLDER comparison. What settings should i use?

Thanks
    oli

Hello,

Are you looking to specifically ignore blablub=blaXXX? Or ignore text blub or XXX regardless of what it is aligned to?

Assuming the former scenario, this would require BC3 Pro for the Text Replacements feature. From the Folder Compare, double click and view the files. In the child Text Compare session, go to the Session Settings, Replacements tab, and create a new replacement for blub=XXX or blablub=blaXXX or *blub = *XXX, etc. Once the replacement is correctly defined, the text should appear as blue or black instead of red. In the Session Settings dialog, you can commit to "Only use for this view" or "Use for all files in parent session". If you pick to update the parent session, these settings will then be used for any Rules-based scan used by the parent Folder Compare. You can now save the parent Folder Compare and use a Rules-based scan to get these results.

If you are licensed for Std and want to try out this feature, you can revert to trial mode following this guide:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_evalpro

Standard allows you to generally define text as Unimportant, but Pro is needed to define a specific change/replacement as Unimportant.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Yes, I have the Pro version.
      Thanks, worked!

But how can I do a "rules-based scan"? ATM, I have to activate "Ignore Unimport differences" in the folder comparison (that the difference is ignored)!?
      Last edited by olle; 25-Sep-2015, 01:57 AM.

Comment

In the Folder Compare, you can update the Session menu -> Session Settings, Comparison tab. Leave Timestamp, Size, and Override enabled, then also enable Rules-based content comparison.

Once enabled, this will auto-run the scan and show the scan results in the middle column between files.

Once enabled, a Important and Unimportant differences are still both counted as Differences. You can then enable the Ignore Unimportant Differences toggle to treat Unimportant differences as Equal files. Then only Important differences are marked as Different.

Does this get you up and running?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X