X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris
    replied
    Hi Stephen,

You can turn off the Esc key closing tabs in Beyond Compare 3.

Open "Tools > Options".
    Go to the General section.
    Uncheck "ESC key closes file views".

Leave a comment:

• stevek
    replied
    Originally posted by Garret View Post
    I will append your request to our customer wishlist for consideration in future releases of BC.
    Great!

Originally posted by Garret View Post
    ...this feature would not work on comparisons that have been opened from version control apps.
    Ah, that's a real pity. Nearly all of my usage of BC is via source control. Am I the only one?

I wouldn't care about saving any of the comparisons in as "sessions" (usually at least one of the files will be in a temp folder anyway). I'd just like a way to undo an accidental press of "Escape"

Stephen.

Leave a comment:

• Garret
    replied
    Hello Stephen,

I will append your request to our customer wishlist for consideration in future releases of BC.
    However, due to the way BC interacts with version control systems, this feature would not
    work on comparisons that have been opened from version control apps.
    Last edited by Garret; 17-Sep-2014, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stevek
    started a topic Reopen closed tabs

Reopen closed tabs

In many browsers CTRL+SHIFT+T reopens closed tabs in the reverse order of closing. It's incredibly useful.

I'd love to see the same feature in BC. My use case:

When merging branches I'll open dozens of diffs and skim through them. If I accidentally close one too quickly, it's mostly impossible to see which one it was since the tabs aren't in the same order as listed in my version control app (P4V). It means closing all tabs and redoing the whole batch

Stephen.
Working...
X