X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andwan0
    Enthusiast
    • May 2009

SFTP chown doesn't work?

I use SFTP to compare between my iPad & iPhone (both jailbroken)'s ScummVM folders (a game).

I think changing (chmod) permissions seem to work.. but changing owners (chown) doesn't....

If we get support, place can we get folder recursive support too please
    Last edited by andwan0; 02-Jun-2014, 03:53 AM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC4 does support recursive setting of this, but your server (OpenSSH based?) does not. Do you have another SFTP client, like Filezilla, that does seem to work? If so, it is likely using a workaround to set items individually? Are there clues in the log?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

After discussing with a developer, there are some corrections I should make: We only support setting the ID using the string version name, not the numeric ID, which is why we require a newer version of the protocol.

We also don't support recursive setting, but it's on our wishlist to look into.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• andwan0
        Enthusiast
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Aaron
        After discussing with a developer, there are some corrections I should make: We only support setting the ID using the string version name, not the numeric ID, which is why we require a newer version of the protocol.

We also don't support recursive setting, but it's on our wishlist to look into.
        Cool, is this change for the BC3? Do you still develop for BC3?

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

We do still develop BC3, but we're concentrating mostly on bug fixes as BC4 would receive most of the new features. As development on BC3 slows down, we wouldn't want to introduce any bugs while implementing new features, as customers who are sticking with BC3 usually do so for stability.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...