X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris.dickerson
    New User
    • Jan 2014

Error During Save

This dialog box comes up occasionally when attempting to save changes made from comparing two files and copying changes across or making changes by hand:

---------------------------
    Error
    The system could not find the environment option that was entered
    OK

Do I have a setting incorrectly set?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for posting. That doesn't look like one of our error messages. When saving, we'll ask the host OS (Windows) for a temp location, which might be the environment option the system is having trouble finding. Is there anything special about your Windows configuration where it might not find %temp% correctly? Or any other environment options.

If you type %temp% in your Explorer folder path and navigate to it, where does it take you? You can garble your windows username if it (or other private appearing information) is in the path, or you can email us at [email protected] along with a link back to this forum post for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• carlin
      New User
      • Mar 2015

I'm having the same issue as the OP and %TEMP% works fine for me. I usually have to click save 2-3 times before it actually saves the file.
      Originally posted by Aaron
      When saving, we'll ask the host OS (Windows) for a temp location, which might be the environment option the system is having trouble finding. Is there anything special about your Windows configuration where it might not find %temp% correctly? Or any other environment options.

If you type %temp% in your Explorer folder path and navigate to it, where does it take you? You can garble your windows username if it (or other private appearing information) is in the path, or you can email us at [email protected] along with a link back to this forum post for our reference.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks. We're working on enhancing our save behavior for BC4.1 that should help in scenarios like this where something is blocking the basic save method.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• gonzalocontento
          New User
          • Apr 2015

How can we be notified when this is fixed?

Not a big deal, but an annoyance when merging projects.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

For notifications, please subscribe to the News and Announcements thread to receive emails when we post a new version. We hope to have this in 4.1, which would be confirmed in the 4.1 changelog when it's made available.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...