Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter not working

Hi all,

im testing Beyond about a week and boy this programs GENIOUS.

But i do have a problem understanding what happened here. I thought i made a filter to exclude .tmp's and everything starting with ~$ but obviously its not working right. What did i do wrong:

Greetings
    Last edited by ZoŽ; 26-Jul-2013, 05:04 PM.

Filters need to be separated by a ; character and your *.tmp and ~$*.* ones have a space between them and the ~$*.* one doesn't start with a -. You should use:

-*.tmp;-~$*.*;-$*\
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Craig,

thanks that worked!

P.S. Just out of curiousity - i posted a picture, that you could obviously see, but somehow i can not see it - it seems to be missing for my eyes. Did you delete it or did the BB code somehow not work?

Comment

I get email notifications for forum posts that includes the message body and the URL you included was visible up there; I can't see it from the forum itself either. When I visited the URL it redirected through at least one other page before showing it, and the final image was embedded in a webpage, so that's probably why the embedding didn't work.
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Hm that's weird because its not some shady undergroundhoster it's Skydrive from microsoft. It usuallly starts with https is that the problem?

Comment

Going through the SkyDrive interface, you need to use the "View Original" command in the context menu to get the raw image. When I followed your original link, like I said, it opened embedded in a webpage with other commands available provided by SkyDrive. I updated your IMG link with the correct URL and it works now.
            ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Craig,

that's very interesting for me that this is not working. I try again as you said with view original just for testing - forgive me for spamming your board

Is this a problem with BB code or what exactly was the Problem? I mean i know that you get the picture embeded in a page with some other comands, but what's causing the problem?

I don't know its not working no matter what i try. Can't get MS get something right?
              Thanks for your help so far.
              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 26-Jul-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

AFAICT, the problem is with however you're getting the web address for the image.

Your original post included a link to the picture embedded in a webpage, which is what you would get if you just click on the image in the folder and then copy the URL. To get the correct one you need to right click and select "View Original" and copy that URL instead. It's a little confusing, because if you click on the image in the page you used it will fill up the entire window and show a black background, just like if you were viewing the original image. You can tell they're different though, because if you right click on each, one will show SkyDrive's context menu (Download, View Original, Sharing), and the other will show the web browser's standard context menu (Copy, Save Image..., etc).

I'm not sure how you got the address in your most recent post, but you can see that it starts with "<iframe src=". It should just start with http://.
                ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

I would assume the initial (IMG) tag used before requires an image file (ends with .jpg, .png, etc) in order to properly render. In order to view an embedded website like that, our install of vbulletin would need to support displaying an html frame within the forum post. Even if vBulletin did support that, I believe we would want it disabled in order to help prevent potential abuse and spam.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Craig,

i tried this now in many variations. I know what you mean- But "view original" i use German version -but its a very clear translation (Original anzeigen) of it isn't really working either. This link starts with https and you i get directed to a page where i am supposed to log in to view the picture?!!?..

Just registered with imageshack and it works pretty smooth. Screw Skydrive 1 customer less

Again Thanks for your help
                    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 26-Jul-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

As long as the file attachment is below a specific size, you can always 'attach' it in the "Go Advanced" page. This could be used for pictures stored on Skydrive, downloaded to your desktop as a file, then uploaded.

Or the above link seems to work fine as well.
                      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                      X