X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andperry
    Visitor
    • Oct 2009

Files/folders over 6 months old show date only

I have a number of sessions in which a local folder (on Windows) is compared via FTP with a remote folder (on an Ubuntu server using VSFTPD to provide the FTP server). I have noticed that for all files/folders more than 6 months old, the timestamp on the remote side shows a date only. The remote time is taken as zero (i.e. midnight), as can be demonstrated if one tries to synchronise the timestamps. Leaving the timestamps unsynchronised causes date/time discrepancies to appear on files that actually have identical timestamps.

I wondered at first if this might be an issue with the FTP server, but another file synchronisation utility that I regularly use alongside BC gives full file timestamps for everything, regardless of age. Logically this seems to narrow the problem down to BC, but I have so far failed to find a program setting that might solve the matter.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Andrew.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC3 has a variety of configuration options that might be needed depending on the type of version of the FTP server. If you go to the Tools menu -> FTP Profiles, select your specific profile, and in the Listing tab, enable "Complete timestamps". Then please restart BC3 (as a troubleshooting step, to make sure the setting is applied).

Does this setting help? If not, does "Force long format"?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...