15075 Failure on DVD drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15075 Failure on DVD drive

Any idea why BC fails to see this DVD drive?

Are you trying to burn/copy information to a blank dvd disc? Is there a blank disc in the drive or is the drive empty?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Are you trying to burn/copy information to a blank dvd disc?
      Eventually yes.

Is there a blank disc in the drive
      Yes - hence that message you see from Explorer.

Comment

Hello,

Windows Explorer handles the shortcut to the temporary burn location. Before the disk is burnt, BC3 cannot load the disc, but can load the local temp folder that would be used for the burning process. Go to the CD Drives' Properties, Location tab to find the target. An example would be:
        C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ Burn\Burn
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Windows Explorer handles the shortcut to the temporary burn location.
          I'm surprised to hear that. Because there's no problem with any app I have tried - except BC. E.g. Notepad reads and writes D:\ fine.

Before the disk is burnt, BC3 cannot load the disc, but can load the local temp folder that would be used for the burning process. Go to the CD Drives' Properties, Location tab to find the target. An example would be: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ Burn\Burn
          More generally: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn \Burn

Thanks, but that doesn't work here (Win7). It does not show what Explorer D:\ shows.
          Last edited by chrisjj; 25-Feb-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

If you go to your drive's Properties and check the burn folder location, is it set to that location? Or another? That was the path used on my system.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

If you go to your drive's Properties and check the burn folder location
              I see no folder location:

Clicking Global Settings and entering an Admin password shows nothing - just returns to Properties.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry, for the details you need to first put in a blank disc, then navigate into it (so Windows Prompts: "Do you want to treat this like a USB device or a CD?". Then after that, it will show the empty folder where you can drag things into. Right click in this blank area, go to Properties, and this will take you to the Burn Properties, which should have a Location tab.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks. I get:

and the two are what I see in D: and what I saw at your path in BC, respectively.

So I guess that to find the right path for BC, I'll have to do this each time.

Thanks for the workaround. I do hope you'll make a fix.

Comment

Working...
                  X