X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimi_t
    New User
    • Jan 2013

Compare selected folders on a drive

I have used Beyond Compare for many years but still have difficulty understanding how to include sub-folders within selected folders.

What I am trying to do is quite simple: Select several folders on a large drive and sync them to a removable hard drive.

I want the comparison to include files in the subfolders of the selected folders, regardless of the folder name.

I want to include all file types except a few, which I have excluded

I have two installations of Beyond Compare - one at my office, one at home.

In both sessions I have used Folder Include to specify the main folders.

The session at home is excluding all sub-folders from the comparison, while the one at the office is behaving as I want.

I must be missing something obvious. How do I manage this?

Thanks for your help.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are both installs using the latest release of Beyond Compare 3.3.5?

If you use the Tools menu -> Export to create a package of all of your settings, then Import at the other location, both should behave the same. I would also recommend backing up the other location first using its own Export wizard to backup everything, just in case you need to restore it for other settings.

If the filter string is identical, I would first look at what other filters might be set that are hiding the data. The first step is to enable Suppress Filters and note that the data is present and that a filter is hiding it. Then go through and disable each filter until it is visible to determine which (File Name, Other Filter, or Display Filter) is currently set to hide it.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...