Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound after binary compare?

Hello,
    Is there a way to play a sound (custom or built-in), when a binary comparison finishes?
    I looked at the options, but found only about sounds with scripts and file operations.
    Thanks.

Hello,

No, BC3 does not currently support an sound clip when completing a comparison (either background or foreground scans). A background scan is set in the Session Settings, Comparison tab, while a foreground scan is run by selecting specific files/folders, right clicking, and using Compare Contents. This is also on the toolbar. If you use a foreground scan, you can select an option to Show Dialog when complete, which would pop up as a notification. A foreground scan also has a progress bar. Would either of these tips help with your current workflow?

If you are running BC as an automated task using scripting, you could set the script to beep when completed. This would not have a graphical interface, however, just a log window and beep.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hello,
      No, I don't think this tips will be useful.
      I sometimes do long binary comparisons (almost 2 hours, to ensure my backups are OK), and I would like to hear a sound when the comparison completes, if I'm not at the computer.
      Hope you will add this feature in a future release. It is not very important, but it would be nice.

Comment

I'll add the suggestion to our wishlist. In the meantime, did you get a chance to try the foreground Content Compare scan with Show Dialog enabled? This is likely the best option for now.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Do you mean the "Show results dialog" in the Compare Contents window? I have this option always enabled, and find it useful to see the results.

Comment

Working...
          X