weird behaviour in linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird behaviour in linux

HI I noticed a weird thing in linux folder comparison.

specially comparing symbolic links.
    it displays the link not the file contents.

the problem is that when I modify the buffer contents and save it it (Note displayed buffer contents are the link path) overwrites not the link but rather the content of the file that is linked to.

This seems a bit weird.

Hello,

I'm not sure I follow. You have a symlink loaded in the Text Compare. Are you then editing the file path or the file contents in the Text Compare window? Or are you editing the file outside of BC3?

Then you refresh and see other information? An email with some screenshots might be best to show what is happening. If you email us at support@scootersoftware.com please include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

sorry just realized it was svn
      sorry
      Last edited by dethrophes; 03-Jan-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

No problem. Adding more enhanced support for SVN is on our Wishlist. In the meantime, if you can check out to a temporary folder, we can then compare those folders. If you would like to define BC3 as your diff or merge tool for files, you can follow our guide, here:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Actually the problem was how svn deals with checked in linux sybolic link files under windows.

beyond compare was in this case just a text editor .

Comment

Working...
          X