Extending folder compare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending folder compare

Is it possible to write your own extensions to compare folder-like objects? By folder-like objects, I mean tar files, zip files, actual folders and so on.

Currently I have GNU objdump hooked up as a disassembler in folder view. However, I'd much rather be able to view a binary as a folder full of files, and each file in this case would be a section in the file that could be disassembled by itself.

Hello,

Would these be archive objects you wish to treat as archives in the Folder Compare? BC3 supports loading Total Commander plug-ins in the Tools menu -> Options, Folder Views section, "Add Plug-in..."

Is the object you are trying to browse a "objdump" file or are you using GNU objdump as an Open With to browse the file? If so, what type of file are you trying to treat as an Archive?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

The file is an elf file. It contains functions and functions contain instructions. Right now I have objdump hooked up for file compare - I get instruction listings for all functions and the text is massive.

I'd like to be able to treat elf files as archives of functions-compare two and you get a list of functions(normally files in archive). Compare two functions and you get a comparison of their instructions.

I'll take a look at the total commander plugins.

Comment

Let us know how that goes and if you have any questions. If you do get something together, please let us know. We can review it and might be able to host it in our Additional Downloads section. You can reach us by email as well, at support@scootersoftware.com (please include a link to this forum thread for our reference in the email).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X