Cache diffs then only show updates based on timestamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cache diffs then only show updates based on timestamp

Is there a way to have BC scan the whole tree's structure and file contents 1 time, then subsequent refreshes only display files/dirs with different timestamps or orphans so it doesn't have to search the whole file contents again?

THanks.

Hello,

In the Folder Compare, the normal (not Full) Refresh will only re-scan the content of a file if the timestamp or size has updated. A Full Refresh will always throw out the content scan and re-create it. Both commands are in the Edit menu or Toolbar. Is this the behavior you are looking for?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

well sort of, i knew of those. but whenever i open the session, it has to do a full compare all over again. be nice to not have to do that. I use Compare Contents > Rule Based, so it takes a long time.

Comment

Hello,

Sessions do not save any of the folder information, only the folder paths. Re-opening a session would require re-scanning the content, as something may have changed. If you do not want to scan the content, you could enable something like our "skip if quick tests are the same" option in the Comparison tab of the Session Settings. This would only run the Rules-based scan if the timestamp or size were different between the pair of aligned files. It assumes that if the timestamp and size are the same, then the files are the same, but if different, they might still be rules-based equal.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X