Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Is one of these workspaces a common ancestor of the other two? It sounds a bit like Workspace 1 might be? If yes, then a Folder Merge session and Display Filters used to limit the view to only (Temporary Side) base folder changes.

You list 3 sources, but BC4's Folder Compare only supports two base folders for comparison. You can load Temp vs. Workspace 1 or 2, and also use the Display Filters to show any left changes, or individually remove only Right Orphans by right-clicking the Display Filters area and switching to Toggles mode. You can then individually toggle on/off specific statuses, include everything but toggle off Right Orphans.

Leave a comment:

• HardcoreHenry
    started a topic How to hide missing files

How to hide missing files

I have workspace with over 300000 files in it, managed by git. I have a script which uses git to figure out which files have changed between my workspace and an upstream repository. and then checkout the original versions into a new directory. I'd now like to merge my changes into another workspace. So I have my first workspace (300K files), second workspace (300K files), and a temporary original workspace directory (20 files). How do I do a folder merge such that BC ignores all the files that are not in the temporary original workspace?
Working...
X