BC3 folder compare between WSL folder and WIN32 folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC3 folder compare between WSL folder and WIN32 folder

From WIN32's file explorer, I can view WSL's Linux folders/files (I do this through by first launching Visual Studio Code (VSC) under WSL's Ubuntu, and then choose 'reveal in file explorer' in VSC, then the WSL's folder will show up on File Explorer ). Then I use BC3 to compare WSL's folder with that of WIN32's folder, BC3 did not find any file (blank folder) on either file systems.

1/5/2021 8:28:29 AM Load comparison: C:\Assembla\MONET-CORE-LGQ\LGQ <-> \\wsl$\Ubuntu\home\toan\MONET\THREADX\mdm9205tx_sd k\apps_proc\customer\src\LGQ

How are you loading the WSL folder in Beyond Compare 3 (browse button, drag and drop from Explorer, typing path into path edit and hitting Enter)?

On my test system running Beyond Compare 3.3.13 and Windows 10 Pro 20H2, typing \\wsl$\Ubuntu\home into a Folder Compare path edit and hitting Enter shows folder contents when I click the Expand All toolbar button.

In case a filter is hiding the files, it might help to turn on View > Suppress Filters.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

That works. I didn't understand what that field is for but now I do.

Comment

Working...
      X