X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to generate HTML report showing only diff at folder comapre

Hi team,

Need help in below topic.

1. Using command line, I am able to comapre 2 folders, and it is successfully generating a TXT Report. ( it is only showing names of file having differences)
    2. I am also able to generate the HTML report after comapring 2 folders. ( It is showing all the files with diff and without diff)

Issue : I want to generate HTML report, which shows file names with differences and ignore files which arre same.

Kindly help!

1. Code for comapring folder and generating txt report with only differences ( I want this but in HTML
    criteria binary
    load "%1" "%2"
    expand all
    select all.files
    folder-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:"%3"

2. Code for comparing folder and generating HTML report with all files and differences
    criteria binary
    load "%1" "%2"
    expand all
    select all.files
    text-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:"%3"

Hello,

For scripting, the folder-report command has an output-options:html-color option you set after the output-to. This would set it to output as HTML. From the above code samples, I'd expect both to be plain text files (although you can pass any arbitrary name as the parameter, so it might still be opening in a browser if .html). You can alsoo remove the selection from the folder level command, as the expand all is all that is needed.

criteria binary
    load "%1" "%2"
    expand all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:"%3" output-options:html-color
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X