X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glscooter
    Visitor
    • May 2012

Directories not correctly synched ?

Hello, I'm using Beyond Compare to synch folders and files between two root drives on Windows 7 64bit.

All seems ok and after the synch I see no differences within your software, but if I right click on these folder from windows explorer to manually compare all folder size and total files, I see that the numbers do not match (13.985 files vs 13.980 and around 100Kb in size )

Any idea for this issue ?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

My first guess is that we filter out/hide protected operating system files. If you Suppress Filters, or disable this filter (in the Folder Compare, Session Settings, Other Filters tab, DOS attributes, uncheck "Exclude protected operating system files), do the file counts come in line?

My second guess is that if you are syncing active root drives that are currently in use, some files might be locked. Were there any errors in the log of a failed copy during the sync?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• glscooter
      Visitor
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

My first guess is that we filter out/hide protected operating system files. If you Suppress Filters, or disable this filter (in the Folder Compare, Session Settings, Other Filters tab, DOS attributes, uncheck "Exclude protected operating system files), do the file counts come in line?
      The first option solved the problem: multiple Thumbs.db file were present on the source drive.

Now the win size and file count are ok.

Many thanks for your help

Comment

Working...