X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dougal
    Journeyman
    • Mar 2012

Hex compare file size limit

I have tried to compare 2 Ghost image files which are 2GB, but get a "Too large to compare" message. Is this because BC3 is running as 32-bit app, or is there a setting somewhere to change the maximum size that can be compared?
    Cheers
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It is due to a combination of 32bit/software and computer hardware; either could be a bottleneck. It is very likely disc images would be over our currently tested limits:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...z=kb_maxfilev3

You can run a Binary scan from the Folder Compare on two disc images, or use the Quick Compare (which can also be set to run a Binary scan on start up in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Start-up section).

Please let us know if you have any questions,
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dougal
      Journeyman
      • Mar 2012

Thanks Aaron. I guess I can use HxD for the large hex compares (I want to see what has changed within the file, not just that they are different).
      Any update on when we can expect a x64 version of BC3?
      Cheers

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do not have an update or timeline on when to expect a 64x update; it depends on the Delphi tools available to us. It is definitely something we are researching.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dougal
          Journeyman
          • Mar 2012

Thanks, definitely looking forward to a 64-bit version when you can do it.
          Cheers

Comment

Working...