Created time stamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crashnburn View Post
    Great job Scooter & BC Team. Would it COPY/ CLONE the "Created, Modified & Accessed" dates? All three or two ( C & M)?

Seriously! ? When/ which build did this get added? Can anyone confirm using this?
    It's in the base 4.0 build, but I would recommend using the latest minor build of BC4.x. The option is in the Folder Compare Session menu -> Session Settings, Handling tab to "Copy creation dates". Please note that this is only for files, not folders, and works during the Copy command. This option specifically controls Creation date, not Last Modified or Accessed. Last Modified is always attempted to be preserved, but this is under the control of the destination device. Last Accessed is not preserved.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I already moved a users home drive using Beyond Compare BC4 but didn't have the "copy creation dates" checked when I did it. Is there a way to transfer the creation dates after? Any suggestions?

Comment

Unfortunately, setting the Creation Date independently is not an option we currently support. You could re-copy the files with the Creation Date option enabled in the Session Settings, Handling tab. We have a Touch command for setting the Last Modified date, but it does not support editing the Creation date.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Unfortunately, setting the Creation Date independently is not an option we currently support. You could re-copy the files with the Creation Date option enabled in the Session Settings, Handling tab. We have a Touch command for setting the Last Modified date, but it does not support editing the Creation date.
          Thanks for the reply and the FYI on the Touch command!

Comment

Originally posted by ASRtech View Post
            I already moved a users home drive using Beyond Compare BC4 but didn't have the "copy creation dates" checked when I did it. Is there a way to transfer the creation dates after? Any suggestions?
            Microsoft RichCopy - It does both. I typically use a combination of TeraCopy 2.12 followed by a few iterations of RichCopy and I get all the C & M dates for Files & Folders. There is a "create folders" & "do not copy files" option in RC that only recreates folders with same C & M dates.

So, I am excited to see how well BC 4.x performs on this.

Comment

Working...
            X