• Show
Clear All
  • DavidA
    Journeyman
    • Sep 2008

How to ignore Subversion $Id string?

Hi

I am running BC 3.3.4.

I want to compare two folders and to ignore the Subversion $Id keyword expansion string. For example:

// $Id: EVD.cpp 3863 2011-09-29 14:07:23Z me $

To do this, I have created a grammar element for C,C++,C# files called 'svn_keywords' and defined it as:

^.*\$(Id|DateTime|Author|Change):.*$

In a text comparision session, I can ignore this grammar element by going to:

Session > Session settings > Importance

How do I ignore this element for a folder comparison session, where there is no 'Importance' tab?

Best regards

David
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can set the default importance value on the Home screen, in the Saved Sessions list expand the Edit session defaults folder, and uncheck the grammar element's name in the Text Compare.

Alternatively, when unchecking this item in the Text Compare's Session Settings, change the bottom dropdown from "Use for this view only" to "Also update session defaults".

Now, if you run a Rules-based comparison in the Folder Compare's Session Settings, or in the right-click menu, a file that contains only unimportant differences can be ignored by enabling the Ignore Unimportant Differences toggle.

Here is a reference KB article with the full list of steps (for anyone else running into this forum post): http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3

How does this work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• DavidA
      Journeyman
      • Sep 2008

Thanks for your fast response. It is working now.

I really like BC. It is very powerful but the user interface can be difficult. I use BC irregularly - not often enough to master and remember how to set everything. I really need it to be more intuitive.

Best regards

David

Comment

Working...